Parasoft Development Testing Platform: Actionable, Intelligent SDLC Analytics
New release of the award-winning Process Intelligence Engine (PIE) and expanded static analysis engines eliminates release anxiety
July 14, 2015
Parasoft announced today the latest release of Parasoft Development Testing Platform (DTP), which eliminates the business risk of faulty applications by consistently applying software quality analyses and practices throughout the SDLC. This release includes updates to the Parasoft Development Testing Platform server, as well as updates to the Parasoft Development Testing Platform Engines, which are the core static code analyzers for C/C++, .NET, and Java that work in conjunction Parasoft Development Testing Platform.
- Stay in sync with the evolving code base and make incremental changes without having to run the full set of tests locally or wait for the server. As a result, teams can implement incremental changes to the code base and tests covering the code.
- Leverage multivariate analysis by combining output delivered from any open source or third-party code analysis or test tool (i.e., code metrics analysis, unit testing failures, static analysis violations, etc.). This enables you to proactively expose application hotspots prior to release. Applying algorithms across analysis types reveals defect patterns and risks that dashboards simply can’t expose. By accessing disparate data via the open REST API, PIE identifies areas of the application that are under-tested, may need to be refactored, or represent the greatest risk to the business.
- Unlock data from reports or dashboards to understand how the data impacts the business and establish an actionable remediation path. Automatically apply smart metadata to test artifacts so you can prioritize actions associated with the greatest risks. For example, if a test touches a critical part of the code, but the test is unstable, you can leverage PIE to perform stability analysis, assign a priority, and associate an action to that test.
“The expanded domains of data provided by the engines in this release truly enables DTP and the process intelligence engine to provide even greater insight into an organizations software development process,” said Mark Lambert, VP of Products for Parasoft. “This translates to more informed business decisions and focused developer actions.”
Parasoft Development Testing Platform and DTP Engines Feature Highlights
- Enhancements to PIE: The Parasoft Process Intelligence Engine (PIE) continues to evolve, incorporating different types of test data to help you understand how well the code is tested and constructed. The ability to process, merge, and prioritize metrics, coverage, and duplicate code analysis results from DTP Engines truly enables you to make business decisions based on your organization’s needs.
- New PIE Slice Templates: You can build and deploy logic-flows (“slices”) that perform “post analysis-analysis.” New example slices are distributed with PIE, which can be used as starting points for defining custom slices for your organization. The examples show you how to calculate risk analysis, inject smart metadata, and trigger workflows based on analytics.
- Metrics Explorer View: Interact with metrics data calculated within DTP Engines via the Metrics Explorer, which pinpoints error-prone code by enabling you to set thresholds for individual metrics, as well as combine multiple metrics.
- New widgets, reports, and UI enhancements: DTP ships with new widgets that provide high-level aggregations for display in a Report Center dashboard, in specific reports, or in one of the explorer views.
- Extended Code Analysis: Metrics, code duplication detection, and coverage analysis have been expanded and ported to the DTP Engines. You can automate all analysis types on the build server, run it locally on the command line, or run the analysis in an IDE via the DTP plug-in. Results are also reported to DTP and processed with PIE, which combines the data with other types of analysis to highlight potential application hot-spots.
Read the complete release notes at www.parasoft.com