Solution Engineer – Embedded - Germany
Parasoft provides innovative tools that automate time-consuming testing tasks and provide management with intelligent analytics necessary to focus on what matters. Parasoft’s technologies reduce the time, effort, and cost of delivering secure, reliable, and compliant software, by integrating static and runtime analysis; unit, functional, and API testing; and service virtualization.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our team. This subject matter guru, trusted advisor, and testing tool authority will be working as part of our team, to help our safety critical customers apply Parasoft tools while following industry regulations as they develop their products. The role of Solutions Engineer will employ analysis techniques specific to embedded architecture and will help guide compliance verification processes, related to testing tools, while consulting with clients.
Along with design and development of testing approaches, the solutions engineer will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing current technology infrastructure and its ability to support the objectives of our customers. This includes working with all departments within Parasoft to assist in the improvement of business processes, testing systems to ensure functionality is satisfactory and recommending new systems or product upgrades to the customer. In this role you will be presenting Parasoft solutions to prospects and customers and will be expected to become a trusted technical advisor during the evaluations and implementations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong understanding of common business processes that will be the foundation of many solutions for the customer.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Testing in Safety Critical applications (Automotive (ISO26262), Medical (IEC 62304), Industrial controls (IEC 61508)). Automotive is a plus.
- Experience in development and testing of embedded applications (C/C++).
- Experience in architecting, deploying, and maintaining development environments utilizing toolchains such as Clang, GNU, Tasking, QNX, ARM DS-5, IAR, GreenHills, Keil, TI Code Composer and others.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD workflows for developing embedded systems.
- Knowledge of build tools: CMake, Make, BitBake, Bazel, etc
- Experience with unit testing frameworks: googletest, cpputest, cppunit, is a plus.
- Experience with testing tools such as Klocwork, Coverity, SonarQube, VectorCast, LDRA, Tessy, Cantata, QAC, PCLInt.
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Degree preferred.
- Scripting in both Linux and Windows shells.
- Fluent in German and English and ability to travel up to 30% or your time
- Other desired skills:
- Good technical infrastructure design skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Persistence in managing client needs, solutioning and estimating activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be successful in a team environment and lead technical teams.
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions.
- Possess excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to quickly master new technologies.