Parasoft extends market-leading software testing tools portfolio with continuous testing for the Internet of Things (IoT)
February 22, 2017
Parasoft’s software testing solutions assist developers with automated security testing, service virtualization, code analysis, and intelligent analytics to save time, improve software quality, eliminate security threats, and safeguard against shipping faulty IoT products.
, the leader in software testing solutions for enterprise and embedded development, announces its next generation quality solution for today’s highly-complex IoT devices and applications. Parasoft’s solution combines software analysis, functional and non-functional testing, virtual testbeds, and intelligent analytics for perfecting IoT software. With market-leading and widely-used tools built for developers and testers who are developing today’s complex multi-tiered applications, Parasoft’s testing portfolio includes:
- Static and runtime analysis for immediate defect identification
- Unit, functional, API, performance, and security testing
- Virtual test environments and components via service virtualization to expedite testing
- Intelligent analytics to focus the team’s efforts on risk or changing areas
- Dashboards and reporting to communicate software readiness
Testing IoT devices and applications can be difficult due to the many external dependencies, interfaces, and unpredictable environments. Parasoft helps organizations perfect IoT software by enabling developers and testers to more accurately simulate market conditions and potential network traffic, as part of their functional, performance, and security testing. The data collected from this testing and analysis is then available for advanced analytics, to empower management teams to focus on what matters – eliminating the deployment of defective software that could lead to system and application malfunction.
“The rapid development and deployment of IoT devices and applications requires teams to move beyond typical embedded software testing paradigms, and adopt tools and approaches that more closely resemble the challenges that Enterprise IT have faced for decades,” stated Marc Brown, Chief Marketing Officer for Parasoft. “We are extremely optimistic that teams will see enormous value of our broad IoT testing solution that will highlight the benefits of comprehensive functional, performance, and security testing with service virtualization.”
With Parasoft’s IoT software testing solution, teams can:
- Rapidly identify and remediate defects and vulnerabilities (ie. misuse of coding APIs, non-compliance of coding standards, etc.)
- Verify functional, performance, security, and compliance
- Balance testing efforts and code coverage with change-based intelligence
- Efficiently support agile and continuous testing processes
- Start simulating your IoT dependent or unavailable systems - get your FREE copy of Parasoft Virtualize CE now
- For more information on IoT testing, click here
Parasoft provides innovative tools that automate time-consuming testing tasks and provide management with intelligent analytics necessary to focus on what matters. Parasoft’s technologies reduce the time, effort, and cost of delivering secure, reliable, and compliant software, by integrating static and runtime analysis; unit, functional, and API testing; and service virtualization. Parasoft supports software organizations as they develop and deploy applications in the embedded, enterprise, and IoT markets. With developer testing tools, manager reporting/analytics, and executive dashboarding, Parasoft enables organizations to succeed in today’s most strategic development initiatives — agile, continuous testing, DevOps, and security.