Featured Webinar: MISRA C++ 2023: Everything You Need to Know | Watch Now
Qualcomm Presents: How to Achieve System on Chip Functional Safety Compliance
Achieving functional safety compliance for a complex system on a chip (SoC) involves critical decisions at various levels. Join this webinar to learn about the Qualcomm experience in achieving safety compliance for software developed as a safety element out of context (SEooC). The software for a complex SEooC involves a gamut of software deliverables including multiple processor cores, operating systems, and software environments.
Every software module and processor presents unique challenges for safety compliance. The presentation will explain how there’s no one-shoe-fits-all solution for complex SoC software.
The safety architecture, tailoring, and processes followed have to be developed to reduce the safety-related risks and meet the schedule goals. The presentation will explain the methods used to improve the efficiency during the software development and testing life cycle.
- Software architectural and testing challenges faced by Qualcomm and their solutions. This includes details on a scalable software architecture that can work for different use cases, customers, and SoC solutions.
- The importance of using the correct tools for efficient software development and share how to use the Parasoft TÜV certified solution for ASIL compliance.
- Common challenges in working across multiple teams that follow different processes that contribute to a complex SoC.
- Selecting and using third-party software components with various ASIL levels and providing a safety case.
- How to overcome the challenges of testing a complex SoC, which includes multiple processors and operating systems. Gain insights for choosing the right tools and key features for static analysis (MISRA, AUTOSAR, CERT C), unit testing, and code coverage.
- The importance of presenting audit-acceptable testing evidence to satisfy ISO 26262 ASIL B compliance.