Quality = Reliability + Security
Security and reliability are inextricably intertwined in today's complex applications. You can't rest assured that your application security efforts will protect you unless you know that the application will operate reliably. After all, your "secure" login process will be inconsequential if the application happens to skip it under exceptional conditions. And you can't be confident that the application will operate reliably unless you know that security attacks can't hijack or crash it.
Without a Continuous Process, Security and Reliability Efforts Decay
Although security and reliability problems have distinctly different manifestations and impacts, the underlying methods used to identify and prevent them have much in common–static and dynamic analysis, runtime analysis, and other testing technologies are hardly new.
With the same methods comes the same main obstacle to sustained adoption: they tend to disrupt the development process, overwhelm the team, and inevitably decay–leaving the team with a long list of known problems, but little actual improvement. This is especially pronounced with security because most developers aren't trained in it and don't think it's their concern.
Parasoft–Industry Leader in Quality as a Continuous Process–Makes Security + Reliability Practical and Sustainable
With 20 years of experience helping 58% of the Fortune 500 companies implement static analysis, dynamic analysis, runtime analysis, peer code review, and other core verification methods, Parasoft knows what it takes to make security + reliability practical and sustainable.
Parasoft Application Security Solution establishes a continuous process that identifies and remediates security vulnerabilities across every stage of the SDLC–as well as ingrains security tasks into the team's workflow. Rather than impede productivity, you actually improve it.
- For teams ready to embrace the ideal policy-based approach to security, Parasoft establishes a system that automatically monitors whether your security policies are implemented in the code, applied at all layers of the application stack, operate correctly in the context of realistic scenarios, and persist as the application evolves.
- For teams who need to rapidly reduce their security risk, Parasoft delivers a "jump start" solution for preventing the most likely application security vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10, PCI, etc.).
- For teams tasked with performing a comprehensive security assessment, Parasoft provides an automated system that applies state-of-the-art analyses throughout all stages of the SDLC–testing the application from the inside-out and outside-in to identify potential vulnerabilities.
In all cases, Parasoft's unique automated infrastructure drives the process to ensure that it remains on track and does not disrupt the team's workflow.
To promote rapid remediation, each vulnerability detected is prioritized, automatically correlated to the developer who introduced it, then distributed to his or her IDE with direct links to the problematic code.
Moreover, Parasoft's centralized reporting system provides real-time visibility into overall security status and processes, documents improvements, and helps you determine what additional actions are needed to safeguard security.
The same system that is established for safeguarding security can also be leveraged to improve reliability. The result is a continuous quality process that delivers:
- Confidence–and evidence–that all development activities adhere to policies and meet uniform expectations.
- More rapid and agile responses to business demands.
- Reduced risk of business downtime, ensuring business continuity.
- Continuous process improvement, increasing productivity and reducing cost.