Parasoft unit testing solutions automate test execution and data collection. Our solutions automatically create unit tests to save time and energy at test creation time. The technology sets up the unit test framework. It instantiates objects and configures mocks for appropriate objects and method calls used by the method under test.
With Parasoft, the mundane work is already done for developers. Not only do we provide unit test creation wizards, but we also provide content to complete the process. This sets our solutions apart from others.
Assertions are typically manually implemented. If mocking frameworks are used, a significant amount of manual coding is required. With Parasoft, real-time context-aware assistance in the developer’s IDE is provided. Automatic unit test creation quickly and efficiently completes the missing content from skeleton unit tests to include mocks, stubs, and assertions.
Get the most from your unit testing tool.
- Create test frameworks, instantiate objects, and configure appropriate mock objects and methods.
- Perform runtime analysis of test execution to highlight object values that changed during the test and recommend assertions for verification of these values.
- Identify method calls that should be mocked to better isolate the test code.
- Detect system resources created but not freed after test completion, potentially creating an unstable test environment.
- Collect code coverage and other metrics.