The Power of AI: Improving Web UI Testing
By Daniel Levy
April 30, 2020
3 min read
Jump to Section
Improve Web UI Testing With the Applitools Eyes and Parasoft Selenic Integration
For those not familiar with Applitools, we have been helping organizations deliver an uncompromised user experience by augmenting existing testing frameworks with Visual AI. Applitools Visual AI is the only solution that replicates the human eye and brain to ensure perfection across all screens, browsers, and viewports.
By augmenting your existing automated test suite with Visual AI, quality teams can collaborate to build tests faster, stabilize and speed up the release process, reduce maintenance time, and increase test coverage.
Typically, teams work with one of our 60+ SDKs, inserting your API key, initialization code, and the appropriate line of code (eyes.open) in each place you’d like a screenshot to be captured and sent to our Eyes application for Visual AI analysis.
Parasoft Selenic offers a seamless integration with Applitools. Users simply set a few one-time settings and from there, a screenshot is automatically captured at each click and navigation step, ensuring maximum test coverage with incredible speed, accuracy, and stability.
How It Works
1. Include the Applitools Eyes dependency in your Maven POM.
2. In Eclipse or IntelliJ, open the Selenic Configuration, jump to the “Argument” tab and specify the argument, “applitools=true” and specify the name of your application, such as “applitoolsApplicationName=SampleAppName”.
3. Log in to your Applitools Eyes account and get your API key.
4. Specify your Applitools Eyes API key on the Environment tab of the Selenic configuration.
5. From here you can simply “Run with Selenic” and the integration automatically takes screenshots at every click action and page navigation and send them to Applitools for Visual AI validation.
After your test run completes, you are brought to a Selenic results dashboard where you’ll notice a new section for Applitools visual changes and see direct links to the Applitools Eyes dashboard.
Watch the Video
Learn More About Applitools Eyes
- Read Applitools Eyes: Introduction to Automated Visual UI Testing.
- Watch Angie Jones’ talk, Your Test Lacks Vision